Cogwheel is continuing to offer counselling online via a dedicated telehealth platform. If you would prefer to meet with a counsellor in person at our rooms in central Cambridge, then this can also be arranged.
Cogwheel Counselling is committed to doing all we can to keep you safe during your in-person appointments. The following infection control measures are being rigorously maintained:
- All areas of contact in the counselling rooms are cleaned with Covid-safe products before and after every session.
- Your counsellor will wear a clear face shield during your appointment.
- Windows will remain open during your session whenever possible, with heating adjusted for comfort.
- All counsellors working in person are required to take Covid tests at least twice each week, including on the morning of your appointment.
Please read the following guidelines carefully and ensure that you follow the measures at every in-person appointment:
- Do not attend your appointment if you are feeling unwell or if you have been told to self-isolate. Your session may be moved online if we receive enough notice from you.
- In order to limit the number of people in the building, we ask that you avoid using the waiting areas if possible. Please arrive on time for your session and wait for your counsellor to meet you at the door.
- Please scan the QR code outside the building upon arrival at Cogwheel using the NHS Covid-19 app.
- You are required to wear a face covering as you enter the building and in all communal areas unless you are exempt.
- We recommend that you wear a face covering during your counselling session, however this is not a requirement.
- There will be no water or refreshments available, so please bring your own water with you to your appointment.
- Please wash your hands upon entering the building. Hand sanitiser is available in the counselling rooms and corridors.
- We respectively discourage the use of the communal toilets unless absolutely necessary.
Thank you for helping us to keep our counselling service safe for our clients, staff and volunteers, and local community.