What to do if you need more urgent help.
Please be aware that Cogwheel is not a crisis service, and remote counselling may not be suitable if you are having serious thoughts about harming yourself.
If you are finding yourself having thoughts of suicide or self-harm, it is important that you seek help by calling one of the following numbers:
- NHS First Response Service: 111– option 2 (any time of the day or night)
- Lifeline: 0808 808 2121 (2:00-11:00pm every day)
- Samaritans: 116 123 (any time of the day or night)
If you are experiencing any form of violence or abuse from somebody you live with, remote counselling may not be suitable and could even put you at further risk of harm during national Covid-19 measures.
If you need help because of domestic abuse or violence, please don’t wait:
- Call the National Domestic Abuse Helpline Refuge on 0808 2000 247
- For instructions on what to do if you need urgent police help through the 999 service but can’t speak, click here.
The government has increased support for people under threat of domestic abuse, and there are several organisations who can help:
If you are concerned about your own behaviour towards others, or think that you are at risk of hurting somebody you live with: